NOTICE: We do not support localhost (MAMP/WAMP) installations or installations to Aegir, Pantheon, etc. Please read our Terms of Service page for the types of installations we do support: http://www.themesnap.com/terms-of-service.html
IMPORTANT: Themesnap themes come with an installation profile which installs the theme using the MySQL database and website information that you see in the demo of this theme. This means the theme needs to be installed on a new MySQL database and as a fresh Drupal installation unless you want to attempt to migrate the theme into your existing website (not supported by ThemeSnap.com). Please read our Terms of Service before purchasing this product. It's understood that you are agreeing to these terms if you choose to purchase and use this theme.
Below are the steps needed to setup any of our Drupal 7.x themes with the installation profile. This setup guide also applies to ThemeSnap.com Drupal 8.x version themes:
1. Setting up a MySQL Database (watch video below)
2. Run the installation profile!
Manual Setup Instructions:
- You have Drupal friendly hosting: www.drupal.org/requirements
- You know how to create a MySQL database and how to use FTP
- You have purchased copy and have downloaded this theme package with installation profile.
- You can have clean URLs enabled by using mod_rewrite (please see: http://drupal.org/node/15365)
Before starting the Drupal 8 Theme profile installation checkout the system requirements for install and run Drupal 8 on your web server.
Disk space: Minimum 15 MB for installation and 100 MB for the website. Also needs some extra space for database and media files.
Web server: Apache, Nginx, or Microsoft IIS
MySQL 5.5.3 or higher with PDO
PostgreSQL 9.1.2 or higher with PDO
SQLLite 3.6.8 or higher
PHP: PHP 5.5.9 or higher
PHP memory requirements: Typically 128 MB or 256 MB are found in production systems. Some installations may require much more, especially with media-rich implementations. If you are using a hosting service it is important to verify that your host can provide sufficient memory for the set of modules you are deploying or may deploy in the future.
More detailed information is here.
Theme Setup Instructions
1) Unzip the Drupal theme package (.tgz format) and upload all of the extracted files to your server via FTP software such as Filezilla, etc. The extracted package already comes with the latest Drupal core and all of the required modules that are used within this theme as you see in our demo. If you want to install this theme in your root directory (often called the "/public_html/" directory), simply place all of the extracted files and folders within this directory. Or, place all files in a sub-directory if you want the theme installed in a sub-directory of your website, such as: sitename.com/staging.
2) Create a MySQL database while your files are uploading. Make a note of the complete database name (don't forget the prefix if your hosting provider appends prefixes, such as "hostprefix_databasename"), hostprefix_username, and also make note of the database password as you'll need these 3 things during the first few steps of your theme installation.
3) Once all of the files are finished uploading, browse to the website address where you've uploaded the theme files. This URL location will look like: sitename.com --or-- sitename.com/staging (if you've chosen to install this theme in a sub-directory). Next, select the [theme name] Easy Installer option for the theme.
4) Follow the steps on the next few pages which simply ask for your MySQL database name, username, and password to connect the theme to your database. Then the rest of the pages are simply filling out your site name and other site details.